What happens when you combine the CLEAN PROGRAM, 30 Days, 7,736 Airline Miles, and Approximately 55 shakes. Well to brag a little, I’d have to say that the results speak for themselves.
I weighed in on Day 1 at 236.8 and today at 229.2. That’s about 7.5 pounds – which is FANTASTIC – but the real difference is in the change in bloating and inflammation. And, even though I’ve been watching the transformation in my mirror, I’m still a little blown away by my side by side images.
During my first 30 days, I REFUSED to let anything get in the way. And I wasn’t absolutely perfect – I simply did the very best I could at each meal, particularly because I was traveling for 10 of those days. Usually, my road trips consists of night after night of imbibing in food and alcohol with colleagues – while I was tempted – I managed to stay away from the alcohol, drank my shakes – and stayed pretty much within plan.
In Austin, I did have a dish of Brussels Sprouts at dinner (even though it was evening) – I was dining with folks eating smoked rib eyes and shrimp and cake was inevitable – so I decided that I was going to indulge. Later, I found out they were sauteed in CANOLA oil (UGH … GMO city).
In San Diego there was an OPEN BAR every night – but I stuck with Sparkling Mineral Water and Club Soda. They may not be exactly on plan – but it helped me stay strong, and did less harm than a real cocktail would have – so I stand by that choice.
So what will make you draw your line in the sand and get started? I kept putting it off this year for reason or another – and then ended up on two road trips – and still managed to pull it off. And when things weren’t perfect: like the corn in my quinoa salad, or the days I didn’t get my second shake. And at some meals I didn’t remember to take my supplements. SO I just kept going, that was NO REASON TO QUIT.
I have to say though that there is a little something to pulling it off when you’re meeting with colleagues who have been following your journey. It’s amazing to be surrounded with very supportive people. No one tried to sabotage my efforts. In fact, the event hostesses in San Diego made sure the bar stocked extra club soda for me (Thanks Blondes)
So my challenge to you is this: If you want it, simply start. If you aren’t perfect FANTASTIC, you’re trying. I’ve heard it said that the SPACE SHUTTLE was on target only 3% of the time and that the other 97% was spent on correcting and continuing. So what if you’re only 50% accurate and correct 50% of the time – it’s an improvement over 100% off course.
When folks ask me how to get started I suggest one simple thing, and you can do it with ZERO cost. Practice the 12 hour fast. Mark the clock at the end of your last meal for the night and eat nothing again until 12 hours have passed. Oh, you could have decaf tea, or water during the break, just no food. Try that for 2 weeks before worrying about all the other things.
Yup, something that simple. Just to start, just to try.
Well 30 days down, 60 days to go, and a lifetime to enjoy!
Thank you for your support, for your comments here and on Facebook. It truly means the world to me to know you’re on my side.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a nutritionist or health professional, just a girl sharing her own journey, and what works for me. Seek out advice from your own doctors before embarking on any program.